This is a Knowledge Organiser (KOs) which covers the settlement problems after the English Civil War, through to the execution of the king. Obviously as KOs, this only covers the absolute basics, however in conjunction with lessons and learning homework, the idea is that students gain valuable specific knowledge that they can then incorporate into their written answers.
This KO could be used as a starter, recap, or as a learning homework that is then assessed in subsequent lessons.
Some homework ideas that could be used along side this KO could be…
- Create 2 different revision pieces showing Parliament’s division. (Revision cards/ mindmap/ Mnemonic, Look, copy cover etc)
- Create a flow chart of escape, 2nd Civil War and execution.
- Create a revision piece showing how the social and religious order had changed (The world turned upside down).
- Create a piece of revision showing all the divisions with trying to create a settlement (use the divide symbol to help you locate all the divisions)
- Create your own quiz on this page, to test someone else!
- Quizzes on Socrative.
The second sheet is exam specific criteria to help students identify the key skills for the GCSE Modern World A - Personal Rule to Restoration depth study.