2 to 3 full lessons based on close analysis and discussion of Ricky Gervais’ controversial speech at the Golden Globes, and Greta Thunberg’s address to world leaders at the UN climate conference,
- Transcript of both speeches, abridged
- 18 close reading questions based on language devices used. Answer key included.
- Creative writing task (with prompt phrases), where students have to write an acceptance speech that responds to some of Gervais’s allegations
- Essay writing task, based on whether Hollywood celebrities are not ‘living in the real world.’ Essay frame included.
- Additional comparative article based on climate change, with 5 comprehension questions (and answer key)
- Creative writing task (with prompt phrases) where students have to write a letter in response to Greta Thunberg’s speech
Check out my other great lesson based on one of Trump’s speeches: http://bit.ly/2U15SwG