A full lesson Powerpoint I created which covers the following topics:
- Understanding y = mx + c
- Finding the gradient and y-intercept from a given line
- Finding the gradient between two points
- Finding the midpoint between two points
- Finding the equation of a straight line
- Finding the coordinates of intersection points
- Forming the equation of a straight line when given a point of intersection
- Finding the distance between two points
- Completing a table of values to plot a straight line
- Understanding how Parallel and Perpendicular lines are related
- Proving two lines are Parallel
- Proving two lines are Perpendicular
- Generating equations of Parallel or Perpendicular lines
The powerpoint includes tasks for students to complete in class. I have included these tasks as separate pdfs for printing convenience.
Answers are included in the powerpoint.