This is created to give children the opportunity to meet (and exceed) what is expected of them in the teacher assessed KS2 writing assessment.
30 slides (to accompany the book Journey). Each slide has a different focus.
A step by step approach that introduces all aspects of the writing assessment criteria including:
• creating atmosphere, and integrating dialogue to convey character and advance the action
• using a range of cohesive devices, including adverbials, within and across sentences and paragraphs sentences and paragraphs
• using passive and modal verbs mostly appropriately
• using a wide range of clause structures, sometimes varying their position within the sentence
• using adverbs, preposition phrases and expanded noun phrases effectively to add detail, qualification and precision
• using mostly correctly:
commas for clarity
punctuation for parenthesis
• making some correct use of:
• semi-colons to mark the boundary between independent clauses
• colons to mark the boundary between independent clauses
This was a real labour of love. Enjoy.