A comprehensive and fully resourced lesson on reflection in plane mirrors for middle school plus an enjoyable yet challenging dominoes game which students can either match or answer the question.
- Transparent, translucent and opaque materials
- Luminous and non-luminous objects
- Labelling the incident and reflected rays, the angles of incidence and reflection, the normal and the point of incidence
- Virtual experiment to prove i = r
- Ray diagram showing how the eye sees an image in a plane mirror
- The image formed in a plane mirror is upright, virtual (appears to be formed behind the mirror) laterally inverted, the same size as the object and as far behind the mirror as the object is in front.
- Ray diagram showing how the eye sees an image in a periscope
- Specular and diffuse reflection
- Animated PowerPoint for teaching with exit ticket quiz
- Answer/mark scheme PowerPoint
- Flip it (pupil writes questions to given answers)
- Anticipation Guides (combined starter and plenary)
- Cut and stick activity.
- Worksheet to support the PowerPoint
- Fact sheet
- Homework plus answers
- Fact share worksheet
- Pupil progress self-assessment checklist
- Exit Ticket
- Suggested lesson plan showing choices possible between resources
- 80 dominos
- Animated PowerPoint explaining the rules and how to play.
More high quality resources available here.
Elf Off the Shelf Resources
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.