A comprehensive and enjoyable introduction to cellular respiration with a fully resourced lesson which includes an explanation of the difference between respiration and breathing plus a compendium of four enjoyable and challenging games on cellular suitable for all abilities. Each game is fully resourced, comes with full instructions and is easy to run. This versatile games pack can be used to enhance a lesson, for revision or for cover lessons, even when taken by a non-specialist as most come with answers. It is also the ideal end of term/year pack.
- Breathing is movement of air in and out of the lungs.
- Respiration is the release of energy from glucose.
- Aerobic respiration uses oxygen to release energy from glucose.
- Anaerobic respiration does not use oxygen to release energy from glucose and produces lactic acid which causes muscle cramps.
- Anaerobic respiration creates oxygen debt which must be cleared using oxygen and is why breathing rate does not return to normal immediately vigorous activity ceases.
- Yeast is a unicellular fungus that undergoes fermentation.
- Word equations for aerobic respiration and fermentation.
- Conditions necessary for fermentation.
- Animated PowerPoint for teaching with exit ticket quiz
- Answer/mark scheme PowerPoint
- Flip it (pupil writes questions to given answers)
- Anticipation Guides (combined starter and plenary)
- Cut and stick activity.
- Worksheet to support the PowerPoint
- Fact sheet
- Homework plus answers
- Fact share worksheet
- Pupil progress self-assessment checklist
- Exit Ticket
- Suggested lesson plan showing choice**s possible between resources
- Find the Pair Team Game
- 42 Question Board Game
- Save the School Cat Escape Room
More high quality resources available here.
Elf Off the Shelf Resources
More KS3 respiration resources
Respiration - Fully Resourced Lesson KS3
Respiration - Dominoes Game KS3
Respiration - Fully Resourced Lesson Plus Dominoes Game KS3
Respiration - Find the Pair Team Game KS3
Respiration - Fully Resourced Team Game Plus Find the Pair Team Game KS3
Respiration - 42 Question Board Game KS3
Respiration - Fully Resourced Lesson Plus 42 Question Board Game