A FULL LESSON on simplifying algebraic fractions.
Assumed prior knowledge:
- Laws of indices (division)
- Factorising single brackets
- Factorising double brackets
We are learning about: Simplifying algebraic fractions
We are learning to: Simplify algebraic fractions using cancellation
- Developing learners will be able simplify algebraic fractions involving linear terms.
- Secure learners will be able to simplify algebraic fractions involving quadratic terms.
- Excelling learners will be able to simplify algebraic fractions expressed in unfamiliar forms.
Starter: MWB activity - multiplying and dividing fractions & division index law.
Main: Examples followed by on-screen