AIMS OF INTERVENTION
This course is a slightly different ‘About me’ intervention; it covers similar ground but with the
added slant of ‘superhero’. It is aimed at looking at a student’s identity and how they make
sense of the world; it is especially good for those students who always follow others and
have lost their way a little. It enables them to explore their qualities and skills and be their
own super hero!!
You may need to do some research on ‘superheros’ for this group; there are reference to
superheros throughout the sessions, but you will have all the information you need. The
course will cover different aspects of their life and personality and how they are trying to find
their place in the world. You will be their guidance on this journey of discovery!
Associates with older/younger social groups
Trouble getting along with peers
Struggles to work independently
LENGTH OF INTEVENTION
6 weeks plus follow up session
GROUP SIZE & AGE
4 - 6 KS2 students, no more unless there are two facilitators.
This could also be delivered on a one to one basis.
BASIC OVERVIEW OF THE INTERVENTION SESSIONS
- Who am I? This session is a general get to know you session, how they others view
themselves their school life.
- What makes me, me? This session looks at how different aspects of their behaviour
affect them. Highlighting their SUPERHERO qualities.
- Where am I from? Who they are, is greatly affected by who they have supporting
them at home. Do they feel that they have adversities like SUPERHEROS?
- What powers do I have? Accepting of our feelings and being powerful in the present
and hope for the future. Power shield for SUPERHEROs
- What do I want to be? This session looks at how others view them and how they
would like to be seen. What is their ’SUPERHERO ’alter ego?
- Where do I want to be? This session is all about making the right choices and
focussing upon the positives. BOB = SUPERHERO
- Superhero me. Focussing upon whatever issues have arisen.