A collection of TWELVE FULL LESSONS on symmetry, reflections, translations, rotations and enlargements.
Contents of download:
- Normal PowerPoint lessons with which you can use a clicker / mouse / keyboard to continue animations and show fully animated and worked solutions.
- At least two printable worksheets for students with examples for each lesson. These are designed to speed up the lesson (no copying down questions etc). The worksheet could also be used independent of the PowerPoint lesson with a visualiser!
We are learning about:
- Lesson 8.1.1f - Symmetry (Including rotational symmetry)
- Less on 8.1.2f - Reflecting in a mirror line (Mirror lines and axes)
- Lesson 8.1.2h - Reflecting in a straight line (Axes, y=(-)x, x=… and y=…)
- Lesson 8.2f - Rotations (Recognising and performing)
- Lesson 8.2h - Rotations (Describing and performing)
- Lesson 8.3f - Translations (Describing and performing)
- Lesson 8.3h - Translations (Describing and performing - with extension)
- Lesson 8.4.1f - Describing enlargements
- Lesson 8.4.2f - Positive enlargements (Two versions - Vectors - Directions)
- Lesson 8.4.3f - Negative enlargements (Two versions - Vectors - Directions)
- Lesson 8.4.4f - Combined enlargements (Two versions - Vectors - Directions)
- Lesson 8.4.4h - Combined enlargements (Two versions - Vectors - Directions)
Main: Lessons consist of examples with notes and instructions, following on to increasingly difficult exercises with problem solving tasks. Lessons can start at any section of the PPT examples judged against the ability of the students in your class. All solutions given on PPT.
Please do leave feedback!!