A short unit of 4 hours of fully resourced lessons and a quiz. All very detailed and well differentiated, complete with starters, worksheets, clips, with challenge levels to three grades throughout.
- What is democracy? How does the voting system work in the UK and what are general elections?
- Who are Parliament? What do they actually do and how are the Houses of Parliament split up?
- How are laws created and passed? How does an act become a law?
- What are the origins of UK democracy? How did our political system come to be?
- What are MPs and constituents? What do they do? What are all the roles that make up the UK government?
- A fun political quiz to see where your political sympathies lie and which party you would be likely to vote for.
Suitable for KS3/4 but could be adapted.
I use all of these myself as a Head of Citizenship and I really hope you find them excellent value.
You can find many more inexpensive and free PSHE, Citizenship GCSE, RSE and RE resources at my shop: EC_Resources
Leave me a review and pick any other resource for free :)