This booklet is designed to provide A-Level students studying the Edexcel English Language & Literature course a structure to their note-taking whilst studying Wuthering Heights as an anchor text, in tandem with The Bloody Chamber.
These texts form a pair under the ‘Encounters’ theme from Unit 2 Varieties in Language & Literature Section B (Prose Fiction & Other Genres). The booklet provides the following structure for students to record notes on:
- Character roles & status
- Chapter titles (their own)
- Chapter-by-Chapter tension graph
- Narrative timeline
- Chapter / Narrator / Key Theme table
- Chapter-by-Chapter key quotes
- Types of Encounter record
- Links to The Bloody Chamber tales
- Links to Context (The Gothic & Critical Theories)
- Links to Context (Producer - the time the text was written & published)
Once completed, these notes will provide an independent revision resource individual to the student who completes it.