This was graded an ‘outstanding’ lesson.
Hook starter: As pupils enter the room the presentation will display an autonomously moving spot light to reveal a picture clue of the London Blitz to hint about the context of the lesson.
Lesson Intention and differentiated outcomes. (SMSC)
Video links are included within the presentation.
This lesson could be used without the need for exercise books as it is a learning stations based lesson for the most part. I have included 5 stations however these could be less / more dependent upon size and ability of your class.
1. War time memories / experience of the Blitz.
2. Propaganda posters (Blackout and recruitment to help during air raids).
3. Anderson / Morrision shelters.
4. Text book / war time newspapers
5. Interactive station (War time house / Interactive Air Raid map).
Pupil’s then consolidate their judgment through answering a structured 8 mark exam style question. If time I then ask my pupils to peer assess with WW / EBI.
Instructions and advice on how they lesson is to run can be found in the description of the presentation.
(All images and videos / sheets from Google / BBC Bitesize).