This article was originally posted on the EduCare website. EduCare is part of Tes.
Wellbeing is more than just good health
The What Works Centre for Wellbeing observes that "Wellbeing, put simply, is about ‘how we are doing’".
The UK government have shared a document, produced by the New Economics Foundation (NEF) on behalf of Foresight, which sets out five actions to improve personal wellbeing.
The Five Ways to Wellbeing model looks at different components of wellbeing. To achieve wellbeing an individual needs success in each of the elements, and they are all equally important:
- Connect – making time for relationships with friends, family and colleagues and elsewhere within your community
- Be active – exercising, physical activity and enjoying good health
- Take notice – being aware of the world around you and reflecting on your experiences
- Keep learning – trying new things and challenging yourself
- Give – doing something nice for others, volunteering, making yourself and others happy
Staff Wellbeing in Schools online training course
Our new course Staff Wellbeing in Schools provides some specific suggestions for keeping yourself healthy in each of the five ways described above, both in and out of school, and has been released to mirror Ofsted’s updated inspection framework.
Find out more about our Staff Wellbeing in Schools online training course.