Barnsley, United Kingdom
About Barnsley College
Barnsley College is rated outstanding by Ofsted. It has approximately 9,000 students and offers various programmes including vocational courses, A Levels, apprenticeships, technical courses (T Levels), part-time and Higher Education courses.
Barnsley College is an outstanding place to work; our vision is to Transform Lives, not just for our students but for our staff too, and we encourage them to dream big.
We employ approximately 800 people, making us one of the region’s largest employers.
To ensure we retain our excellent people we invest in our workforce, giving them access to training, development and career progression opportunities. We also reward and look after our staff with generous annual leave entitlements, wellbeing programmes, regular staff development and networking events, flexible working opportunities, and many discounts and offers, such as reduced gym membership.
Colleagues tell us that they like working at the College and this is reflected by our staff survey which consistently shows a high satisfaction rate.
The College offers the following benefits to its staff in addition to competitive salaries:
- Generous leave entitlement (Teaching Staff – 55 days, Support and Management Staff – 47 days)
- Access to Local Government or Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work (cycle purchase scheme)
- Excellent access to the College by public transport
- Northern Rail season ticket scheme
- Comprehensive Wellbeing Programme including on-site health checks, access to smoking cessation services and weight management group
- Family Friendly Policies including enhanced maternity and parental leave and opportunities for job sharing and flexible working
- Training and Development including support for teaching staff to achieve a recognised teaching qualification, job related training and development for all staff to encourage career progression
- Reduced price gym membership for College staff at the Honeywell Sports Village facility
- Membership of the Westfield Health Scheme or Health Shield (contributory) through Payroll
- Discounted hairdressing, beauty and complementary therapies available at Images salon
- Access to support and advice on a range of financial, wellbeing and individual matters (including IMASS portal and access to counselling services)
- Access to a benefits website offering discounts at a number of retailers
- Free Microsoft Office 365 for personal use on up to five machines
Wherever your expertise lies, if you’d like to work at a highly successful College in a supportive and nurturing environment, then you’re looking in the right place.