Fred Longworth High School
Wigan, United Kingdom
About Fred Longworth High School
Fred Longworth High School is a mainstream, co-educational secondary academy for children aged 11-16. It is situated in Tyldesley, Manchester, and there are around 1,300 pupils on its roll. The school was rated “good” by Ofsted after its last inspection in 2017. It converted to academy status in 2011.
Fred Longworth High School prides itself on its above-average exam results and is the highest performing school in the area.
Mrs J Garretts
Values and vision
Fred Longworth High School aims to inspire all its students to achieve their best through "belonging, engaging and succeeding together". The school believes in treating each student as an individual and valuing each person’s unique talents. The curriculum has been designed to offer choice and to nurture all talents and abilities.
We have a strong tradition of achieving excellent examination results and students are given a strong head start in life. Excellent teaching is at the heart of our success. Committed and enthusiastic teachers deliver high quality, enjoyable lessons that encourage a lifelong love of learning.
- Pupils receive a good and improving education
- An inclusive school community based on a sense of belonging and togetherness
- Pupils benefit fom a broad and balanced curriculum
- Pupils' behaviour around the site is excellent
- Pupils and staff speak with affection about being part of the Freddie's family