Nexus International School (Singapore)
About Nexus International School (Singapore)
Nexus International School (Singapore) is an empowering, learning-focused community. We are one big family, striving to create an honest and open community with our learners, parents and peers. We believe that we have something unique and special here, we are proud to be different in the way we work; and how we teach and learn.
We are a private, co-educational international school catering for children aged 3-18. The school enrolled its first learners in July 2011 and caters to over 900 students representing over 50 different nationalities. It is an authorised IB World School, offering both the Primary Years Programme (PYP) and the Diploma Programme (DP).
Following eight years of rapid growth at its existing campus, Nexus will move operations to an iconic purpose-built campus in central Singapore from January 2020. Designed by educators, the new campus offers flexible and innovative learning spaces that support learner agency and enhance the learning experience.
Nexus offers the following curriculum:
- Early Years (PYP) learning includes elements of the Reggio Emilia Approach, which puts the natural development of children at the centre of its philosophy.
- The Primary curriculum (PYP) is taught through inquiry, creating experiential and hands-on learning.
- The Secondary curriculum offered to Years 7-9 is based on an enhanced English National Curriculum that is taught through inquiry, based around ‘Big Ideas’ or concepts.
- In Years 10 and 11, learners follow a full range of courses preparing them for IGCSE examinations.
- In Years 12 and 13, learners follow the Diploma Programme.
We believe in a holistic, well-rounded education and encourage our learners to fully participate in school life. Learners can choose from over 90 CCAs and also participate in an extensive Singapore ACSIS sports programme. Various opportunities exist for learners to be involved in community service and learner-led initiatives across the school.
Values and vision
Teaching at Nexus centres on learners’ passions, talents and learning styles to create an education that cultivates the whole child academically, socially, and emotionally.
Our values are underpinned by our Nexus Way;
We are one team, we work together in a collaborative community in a culture of respect and high expectations.
We have an open and creative high trust mindset and support and guide each other to reach our goals.
Each person is equal, respected, valued and empowered to achieve personal excellence.
Our innovative approach to ideas and concepts put us at the forefront of global education practices.