Shevington High School
Wigan, United Kingdom
About Shevington High School
About the School
I took up to role of Headteacher in January 2013 and I am extremely proud of the school and its achievements and the progress made over the last four years. Shevington High School is a very popular 11-16 community school located in the village of Shevington, 3 miles from Wigan town centre and five minutes from the M6 motorway. The school is smaller than the average size secondary school.
In January 2017 the school was judged by Ofsted as Good in all categories and in recognition of our outstanding practice and work with have done to support other schools we have been designated a National Support School The school has a strong school vision supported by all stakeholders. Together we have the highest expectations for all our students, inspiring and enabling them to become amazing and successful individuals. As a School we have developed a learning culture of high aspirations and expectations for all students.
Ofsted 2017 stated:
• Pupils benefit from effective teaching. Teachers have high expectations of what pupils are capable of achieving and provide pupils with challenging work.
• Staff at the school know pupils extremely well as individuals and pupils receive a high level of personalised support.
• Pupils behave well both in lessons and around school site. They are friendly and very supportive of each other.
• Pupils have excellent attitudes towards learning. They work hard in lessons and are keen to do well.
• The school is safe and harmonious where teaching is effective and students make good progress.
Mr J Grant