Thoughts such as, what does anxiety mean, what it is all about and what its different facets are, may enable the facilitator understand it better. Some such thoughts about anxiety are given below.)
1. Anxiety is an unpleasant feeling or apprehension caused by uncertainty about something.
2. Anxiety results in one becoming restless, fearful, nervous, worried and concerned.
(The objective of the facilitation process is to help each participant explore the topic for himself, individually and independently. Following are some of the objectives of the session.)
1. To understand what is anxiety
2. To understand what causes anxiety
3. What happens when one gets anxious
4. To explore whether anxiety impacts oneself, people, nature and environment, things or situations
5. To explore whether anxiety needs to be managed
(These are some leading questions that the facilitator may contemplate on for understanding and connecting with the topic.)
1. What is anxiety?
2. Why one becomes anxious?
3. How does a person feel when he is anxious?
4. At a given point of time, how a person with anxiety compares vis-à-vis to a person without?
5. Does anxiousness affect health?
6. Does anxiousness affect productivity?
7. Is there a need to overcome anxiety? If so, how?
8. Do we cause anxiety to others? If yes, how?
9. Should we avoid causing anxiety to others? If so, how?