Spelling and word work activities that give many opportunities to practice the spelling and meaning of the words in a variety of ways. Over 270 pages that give ample practice for more than 750 words. Each unit has a spelling pattern focus with puzzles and activities to practice the words with the given pattern.
As they go through the activities, students make connections with other language concepts such as alphabetization, synonyms, antonyms, syllables, short/long vowel sounds, analogies, word meaning, compound words, homophones, rhymes, etc.
Examples of some of the activities included for each unit in the download:
* a word sort activity
* Spelling list to alphabetize. They can either rewrite the words from their list alphabetically or cut out the words and arrange in order before rewriting them.
* A word puzzle (there are different types of puzzles for each) such as crossword puzzle, word search, riddle puzzle, cryptogram, etc. (at least one of these) and there are often other puzzles included such as word scramble, cell phone code words, etc.
* Scavenger hunt
* Dictation or editing activity
* Dictionary activities
* Write a story with some of the spelling words
* Make silly sentences using letters from the spelling words
* Answer keys