This bundle contains six fun Christmas-themed games.
1. Christmas Lotto or Bingo - 32 cards printed with both pictures and words and 32 cards printed with just words. Every child can participate due to the differentiation. The resource also includes flashcards of the words - with and without pictures could be used for other educational activities - sorting, alphabetical order, a stimulus for creative writing, pictures could be cut out and used to make Christmas cards, Christmas calendars, Christmas bookmarks and other Christmas decorations. etc
2. Elves and Santas is a seasonal variation of snakes and ladders. The resource can be enlarged to A3 size and laminated. There are 70 squares on the board. The game can be played with regular dice or numbered dice. This game is particularly appropriate for reception and Year 1 children (EYFS) as it will help to reinforce number recognition and counting skills. It can also be used with SEN pupils and will also help to reinforce turn-taking skills and social skills.
3. Santa Trumps is a bright and colourful resource that can be laminated and used for educational and fun activities. Top Trumps is a popular game. The game involves trying to collect the most cards by comparing scores for various attributes. There are 2 x 32 Santa cards. The first set features a score for each attribute - speed, agility, strength, endurance and magical powers - all important things for Santa! The second set features a multiplication operation up to 20. The resource also contains a fully editable PowerPoint in which the mathematical operation can be added. For example addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, mixed operations and calculations etc. Rules of the game are included.
4. Stop the Sleigh is a seasonal variation of 'Stop The Bus'. This game involves pupils finding the names of various items in categories. The categories include - elf's name, angel's name, item of winter clothing, Christmas food, - toy or game, TV programme or film and an item that can be found on an Advent Calendar. Pupils are placed into teams of 2-4. Teams choose, in turn, a letter via an 'advent calendar'. Behind each picture on the calendar is a letter. Teams have to think of one item to go into each category beginning with the selected letter. The first team to finish shouts “Santa – Stop the Sleigh!” If you have a bell a pupil can run out to ring the bell to stop the game! As a timer, choose some popular Christmas music.
5. Happy Families - Christmas Happy Families is a bright and colourful resource which can be laminated and used for many educational and fun activities. The game involves collecting all 4 members of the family. There are 56 cards ( 14 families ) printed with Christmas themed pictures.
6. Snap - Christmas Snap with 48 Christmas themed cards.
For more inspiring educational resources visit Inspire and Educate
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this 'must have' step by step guide.
How to Become a Successful TES Author: Step by Step Guide