Take a visit “down-under” to Australia with this Art & Nature-Science Unit.
See photos of eucalyptus trees and try eucalyptus-and-spearmint tea. Discover Australia’s amazing animals, from spring-loaded mammals that can leap 30 feet in one bound to a 24-foot tiger shark. Learn about Australia’s mammals (with almost 50 extant (living) species in the kangaroo family alone), reptiles, and birds, including an incredible large songbird that can imitate not only other bird songs but also musical instruments, human sounds, and machinery. Discover the tiniest babies in the whole mammal world.
Then color some of the 30 coloring pages, which come with specific instructions to help kids learn secrets used by professional artists, applied in ways that are simple enough for a 4th or 5th grader to pick up quickly. If you have teens, they will love the very professional high school art lessons using paints and colored pencils. If you have smaller children, we have some coloring pictures that they will enjoy, as well.
Take a look at more of the fun and learning in this beautiful nature unit:
- Click on our links to
- hear a kookaburra laugh
- hear a lyrebird imitate the kookaburra laughing, along with many other amazing imitations
- check the weather and time in Australia
- take a virtual visit to the Australia Zoo
- go on a photo tour of Australia’s cities and countryside
- listen to the Australian national anthem
- and more!
- Discover 9 paintings of Australia and learn the art principles each painting demonstrates, just through simple discussion.
- Find out what Australians eat and do for recreation.
- Discover a unique Australian fruit.
- Learn about sheep shearing.
- Decorate an Aboriginal boomerang.
- Color a surfer scene and big and little creatures under the sea at the Great Barrier Reef.
- Pick up on unique Australian sayings.
- Color stained glass pictures.
- Visit a sheep station.
- Write your own Australian animal report using our simple report form.
- Learn how to convert American measure to metric and Fahrenheit temperatures to Centigrade — and back!
- Discover Aussie climates with a climate map.
- Color Australia’s flag while listening to its national anthem.
In addition to all of these learning adventures, you can have fun with 7 big word searches, as well as word puzzles, words to unscramble, words to decode backwards, riddles, mazes, dot-to-dots, bookmarks to color, and more. Scripture verses throughout, plus a devotional on hearing God’s still, small voice.
**Don’t miss the fun and learning in this packed 80-page Art & Nature-Science Unit on Australian Animals - download and use it today. **
Our penmanship book, "Australian Animals" Cursive Penmanship A-Z, makes a great addition to using this nature unit as a unit study!
Originally published as issue #7 of the popular Artistic Nature Magazine, now out of print.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.