This pack of five reading lessons for Intermediate students has been created to acknowledge the efforts of School Councils in different countries. The texts describe how, around the world, proactive School Councils have helped their communities to combat racism and sexism, as well as other social and environmental problems, both in schools and elsewhere.
This document consists of 6 parts:
- Reading text on one of the themes: School council in Politics, School, Environment, Racism and Sexism issues;
- Exercise page with 6-7 tasks that are linked or with text with theme (two lessons are also based on listening);
- Lesson plan for teacher that shows the logics of built lessons in the book;
- 6 Speaking cards with 5 questions on each to cut and warm-up students by speaking in pairs/groups;
- 6 Pictures connected with theme that can be used to needs of the teacher;
- 2 Production part tasks for individual or group work.
- 9 Listening audios which you can receive by writing me privately. It is included in the price.
All the pages are made in the format to print out in black 'n' white or color mode.