This ridiculous lesson should be very fun for students of all abilities, please see the power point for the instructions.
Roles are assigned based on views for and against the quarrying of limestone, students stay in the role of their character for the entirety of the lesson.
Teacher acts as a narrator to make the students act out "Limestone the musical!!
Choose your own music!
This resource contains a number of worksheets and activities that will help Chinese students learn Chemistry in an English school environment. It includes:
* 3 page dictionary of key English chemistry science words (both Chinese and English). Parts of this list have been broken down into smaller themed lists to act as worksheets for the students (eg periodic table; acids and bases).
* A Chinese period table,
* Metals/non metals (w/s with pictures to describe properties)
* A funworder requiring the student to find the English element
* Some cloze style activities
* A crossword and other starters.