Over 30 activities all about Australia which allow children to practise their skills in Information, Opinion and Narrative writing. Many offer scaffolded worksheets and ideas for differentiation. They are all printable, include instructions and have answers where applicable.
They are designed to make students think, have fun, learn new facts and engage in the writing process. They proved successful in motivating reluctant writers.
Perfect for a writing centre, whole class or group work.
Grammar Cards are offered free and Vocab flashcards are included to help set up a Writing Center or Word Wall.
This bundle ‘All About Australia’ includes 3 products: Explanatory/Information Writing, Persuasive/Opinion Writing and Narrative Writing. All offered separately or as a bundle.
Includes: (Please read the descriptions for each individual writing product which give more detail)
Explanatory/Information Writing: Children can
• Learn about Australian States and Territories and write Who Am I? questions
• Plan a holiday
• Practise report writing
• Compare and contrast Australian animals
Opinion Writing: Children can give opinions on
• The development of Uluru (Ayer’s Rock) (fictional)
• Should shark nets be removed
• Whether or not Salt-Water Crocodiles should be culled
Narrative Writing: Children can
• Practise skills of narrative writing e.g. clauses, transition words
• Complete grammar cards
• Identify when, who, where, why
• Write a description of a face and other describing faces fun activities
• Learn about the unique Australian language by studying idioms.
• Write paragraphs and narratives.