A complete lesson based on the traditional poem ‘Remember, remember the 5th of November’ with a PPT presentation and comprehension tasks. Ideal for studying Bonfire Night, Guy Fawkes, The Gunpowder Plot or as part of a topic on The Stuarts. Also includes guidance for two follow-up writing activities. A flexible resource with the potential for extension into a short unit of work. Suitable for KS2.
The 11 slide PPT contains:
• The poem with supporting visual images
• Background information about the poet and poem
• Discussion questions
• Details of follow-up activities.
The resource also includes:
• A copy of the poem. Useful for pupils to read, make annotations or highlight.
• Two differentiated worksheets. Worksheet A contains straightforward literal questions and an activity requiring pupils to visualise aspects of the poem. Worksheet B is more challenging and contains questions linked to summarising and expressing opinion.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.