This Thematic Unit contains different sets of Printables including EASY READING PASSAGES with facts about butterflies :
• What are butterflies?
• Why are butterflies colorful?
• The butterfly body
• The butterfly cycle – from caterpillar to Butterfly divided into 6 parts with illustrations
It also contains ready to print WORKSHEETS:
• Write the butterfly body parts
• Butterfly life cycle – write the four basic stages according to pictures
• Flip flap minibook – a chance for the kids to display on their notebooks.
• Explain the butterfly life cycle
• Complete a chart with facts about butterflies – (are-have-can-other facts)
• Venn diagram – Compare and contrast a butterfly with another insect
• Bubble Map: Write words related to butterflies
• WKL Chart: Complete the KWL chart with facts about butterflies.
I added a craft activity to complement this set. This craftivity is a great way to introduce and/or practice the life cycle of a butterfly. Students get engaged with this activity and also feel comfortable making it. It goes perfect for Science Centers, homework or homeschoolers.
It consists of a butterfly that spreads its wings to show the four stages of a butterfly life cycle (egg – caterpillar - chrysalis and butterfly).
This craftivity is divided into two main parts: the butterfly hard cover and the soft wings.
The butterfly hard cover needs to be pasted on a hard carton while the wings are soft (paper) and students can write the life cycle stages as well as the cutting and pasting of the corresponding pictures.
Just try it and see the benefits of this craftivity!