Fiction Prompt Extravaganza”
An overall resource – different than either our Character Master Course which is very in-depth or our Introduction to Characterization – This resource provides great background information and fantastic, educational and fun writing opportunities.
1. Our nifty and in-depth handout “Direct Versus Indirect Characterization – Is One REALLY Better Than the Other?”
2. The TIP Sheet which helps students remember key methods of indirect characterization and ways to best use direct characterization.
3. The “Master ‘Show Don’t Tell’ Guide” – powerful tips on writing better.
SEVEN ACTIVITIES with 30 USES!
4. “The Indirect Characterization Writing Activity” – Use up to four times!
5. Character Expansion Task Cards – 12 task cards, EACH a powerful entry into scene – Use up to twelve times!
6. “I Can Read ‘em Like a Book: Writing Emotion Into a Scene Using Indirect Characterization” – Use up
to seven times!
7. “Stock Characters: Defy the Mold!”
8. “ Prompt One: Guided Visualization”
9. “Fiction Writing – Character in a Scene: Three Prompt Options”
10. “Character Data Sheets” – a multiuse gem.
11. “It’s All In a Name!”
12. CCSS for your high school classroom! (Disregard for college or personal use).
If you need an in-depth product on how to implement the Writer’s workshop please see:
The Writer’s Workshop For High School: An 8-Day Common-Core Unit.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.