Within this great Christmas literacy bundle are ideas for five wonderful Christmas poems your children can write.
1. Countdown Christmas - A clearly explained and carefully structured ppt lesson to encourage writing rich in vocabulary - as befits the season! Wordplay is at the centre of it all, so an ideal activity to get pupils – alone or in pairs - digging into their dictionaries.
2. Christmas Kennings - This is a fun exercise and a great way to get children writing simple, yet effective poetry.
3. A Ridiculous Receipe to Make a Cool Christmas - wordplay is at the heart of this lesson. And it’ll be the most fun a class will ever have with dictionaries! Ideal for assembly performance.
4. Haiku At Christmas - this powerpoint lesson will get your children writing some tremendous Christmas haiku poems.
5. The Magic Stocking - There’s a poem by Kit Wright called The Magic Box. In it, he imagines his box and all the marvellous things he could put in it. In this resource your children are going to write a poem like The Magic Box, only instead of a box, they’ll have a stocking, one that can hold all the magic of Christmas!
All the money raised from the sale of our resources is donated to a local northwest charity for children called MedEquip4Kids.