Contains two complete poetry lessons based on the fun Christmas poems ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas’ and ‘The Twelve Days of Christmas’. Includes PPT presentations and comprehension tasks. Ideal for teachers exploring Christmas traditions with their pupils. Useful for reading sessions, literacy lessons or festive topic work. Each lesson also includes guidance for follow-up activities making this a flexible resource with the potential for extension into two short units of work.
The PPT provided for each lesson includes:
• The poem with supporting visual images
• Background information about the poet and poem
• Discussion questions
• Details of follow-up activities.
Also included for each lesson:
• A copy of the poem. Useful for pupils to read, make annotations or highlight.
• Two differentiated comprehension worksheets.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.