This Thematic Unit contains different sets of Printables including easy reading passages with facts about May 5th :
• Why do we celebrate 5 de mayo?
• Facts about the Mexican flag
• Facts about the Mexican food
• Where is Mexico located?
• How do people celebrate May 5th?
• Facts about Pinatas to celebrate May 5th
• Ignacio Zaragoza Biography
With this new edition I added the reading passages in color, too.
Craft activity: Making the postrait of Ignacio Zaragoza – Materials and Instructions with the final picture.
• Complete a KWL Chart related to Cinco de Mayo. (added in this New Edition)
• Write words related to Cinco de Mayo in the bubble map. (added in this New Edition)
• Test your Spanish! Match Spanish words with items related to Cinco de Mayo. (added in this New Edition)
• Write facts about May 5th.
• Complete a chart with facts about Ignacio Zaragoza – (4 facts)
• Venn diagram – Compare and contrast American and Mexican food.
• May 5th Flip flap minibook – a chance for the kids to display on their notebooks.
• Write vowels related to May 5th items
• Cut, paste and color: May 5th
• Order May 5th words alphabetically
• Design your own piñata (students have to draw their own piñata and decorate it). You can make a pinata with the whole group as an additional task.