Ready to start a Composer/Musician of the Month but don’t have a plan ready? Look no further! This set on Gustav Holst is perfect for your composer of the month unit. It provides lesson plans to teach music history and music listening for the composer of orchestra song, “The Planets.”
This set includes:
- Lesson Plans covering mini-lessons to presented at the beginning or end of your lesson as a “Musician of the Month” activity. These mini lessons (meant to be about 10 minutes in length) are curated video links of the featured person’s music meant to serve as the foundation of discussion. No worksheets or manipulatives are included.
- Bulletin Board printables including information about the composer, definitions appropriate to the particular composer (i.e. Fanfare, Concerto, Composer, Conductor, Musician, etc.).
- A small write up to include on your class website for students to investigate further.
- YouTube and SafeShare links to engaging videos highlighting the composer’s works.
This set will get you with a Lesson Plan that is ready to print and yet can still be modified to suite your needs. The composer units focus on a different composer or musician each month and the lesson takes about 5-10 minutes of the lesson time. I do the lesson at the very beginning of class and focus on listening, discussing music with appropriate terminology, and connecting music to the “real world.” This lesson comes with 8 mini-lessons and links to the YouTube videos used in the lesson.
Like this product? You will also love:
- Music Center: Don’t Spill the Pitches! - Treble Clef Pitch Note Reading Game
- Music Center: Don’t Spill the MUSIC BUNDLE! Pitch, rhythm, dynamics, & more!
- Music Center: Don’t Spill the Dynamics! - Dynamics Symbol Reading Game
Visit my website to join the Free Resource Library!
Teach music. Love life.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.