A bundle of KS2 or early KS3 imaginative / descriptive writing story starters cards, featuring high quality photo prompts, vocabulary banks, prompt questions and more. These 40 full-page story generators can be used across a range of abilities and ages, especially in Year 4, 5, 6 and 7, to spark ideas for stories. They’re great for reluctant writers and they have a dyslexia friendly format too.
This BUNDLE includes these 2 packs:
- Use as warm ups, early finishers activities and as a framework for free writing sessions
- Each of the 40 A4 cards features a visual element (photo / picture stimulus), a starter sentence or part-sentence to help launch children into their fiction / narrative writing
- Prompt questions to get ideas going
- A word bank and some suggested openers to add variety to their writing
- A box at the bottom reminds students to read their work aloud, check for full stops and capital letters and common spellings
- Range of subjects and genres including sport, mystery, humour, fantasy and historical. Plenty of variety so children can choose ones that appeal to them.
- UK and US English versions included, with spellings and references to ‘full stops’ and ‘periods’ etc amended as appropriate
- Designed to offer maximum support for dyslexic learners and those with similar barriers to learning. Verdana font and spacing used are both dyslexia-friendly and the background colours are designed to reduce glare. Both the UK and US cards are also included with the background colours removed and could be used if printing on dyslexia friendly paper or card.
- Could be used to support the writing of a full story
- Could also work well as a regular tool to support struggling writers in one-to-one or small group sessions, where students write a few sentences inspired by the prompts, without worrying about completing a story.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.