A complete lesson for KS2 based on the poem ‘Daffodils’ by Williams Wordsworth. Includes a PPT presentation and comprehension tasks. Also includes guidance for a follow-up writing activity. Ideal for teachers studying classic poetry with their pupils or looking for a spring poem. A flexible resource with the potential for extension into a short unit of work.
The 10 slide PPT contains:
• The poem with supporting visual images
• Background information about the poem
• Discussion questions
• Follow-up writing activity details.
The resource also includes:
• A copy of the poem. Useful for pupils to read, make annotations or highlight.
• Two differentiated comprehension worksheets. Worksheet A contains a straightforward literal task and an activity requiring pupils to visualise aspects of the poem. Worksheet B is more challenging and contains questions linked to the author’s opinion and use of language.
Get this resource as part of a bundle and save up to 33%
A bundle is a package of resources grouped together to teach a particular topic, or a series of lessons, in one place.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.