As a head of PE / Faculty / assistant head you need to monitor the progress of your teachers. As not all assistant heads/ HOF have the knowledge what to look for in a PE learning walk, this might be the easy document you are looking for.
If, like me, you undertake learning walks on a weekly basis, then you will ultimately find it difficult to record? I have put together a small feedback form that can be ticked off and written on as you make your way into each class. These can then be photocopied and handed back to staff for feedback and discussion. Reduces the stress of a formal lesson observation and I feel, makes the learning walks more positive. It also gives staff a chance to have discussion(s) with those leading the Learning Walks on what has been seen during that 'snippet' of the lesson.
Format can be altered/changed dependent on what your focus is for the Learning Walk. You can also add school name and logo (top left) if you require.
Hopefully it is of some use?
Using the criteria produced by the 8 schools project activities have been introduced at the different levels. They are offered as possible ways of aiding the progression of staff and pupils to achieve a higher level of self and peer assessment. The goal being to help pupils move to more independence.
This resource has been used to provide posters across the school in classrooms. The keywords in the pyramids have been personalised by faculties (these are available). They are used by teaching staff in forming differentiated lesson objectives and for creating more challenging questions.
This resource has also been used as a page in pupils journals. A great tool for revision lessons.
• Contains 13 growth mind set sticker designs
• Can be used for praise, reward and recognition and feedback within and outside of the classroom
• A4 Sheet containing 65 stickers
• Can be re-printed and used multiple times - it saves you more than buying them online
• Editable document - you can move pictures and change borders if needs be to print.
• Very easy to print - simply print onto A4 label sheet
• To be printed onto Mini Address Label Stickers, 65 labels per sheet, 38.1 x 21.2mm.
• These can be found through YPO, Amazon, Avery etc.
• Double check whether stickers need to be face up/down on your printer.
Please see my other marking stickers that are available
Examples on my blog: https://mrthorntonteach.wordpress.com/marking-stickers
Interactive, fun and engaging. A perfect end to the lesson.
The plenary wheel is a PowerPoint file with a rotating wheel. Ask one of your students to shout STOP to select how the lesson ends. NO PLANNING involved. Just open the file and let your students decide.
This wheel is the sequel to my original plenary wheel - it contains 8 NEW PLENARY activities that focus on the question "What have I learnt today". It's not a rebrand - so if you want both look for my bundle and then you'll have SIXTEEN plenary activities - that's your academic year sorted!
The plenaries are:
1. 60 seconds - tell a partner what you've learnt in a minute - timers includes.
2. Picture review - draw how you feel/what you've learnt - template/handout included (print a bank of these ready!).
3. Emoji review - select an emoji to summarise your learning today - template included if required (black and white or colour).
4. - Text message - write a reply to the text on the slide.
5. - 4-3-1, my take on the 5-5-1 review - write four sentences then whittle it down to just 1 word to summarise today's lesson. Handout included, again print a stack ready!
6. - Red, Amber, Green - three sentence review of your learning today.
7. - Tell me three - answer the three summary questions about today's learning.
8. - Status update - write a social media status to summarise your learning today.
Macros must be enabled for the wheel to function, though the plenary activities can still be viewed without the wheel spinning (less exciting!).
My first plenary wheel has been so successful that I've developed a sequel!
Get both wheels now for a discounted price and have all your plenaries sorted for the academic year! NO PLANNING NEEDED.
I've also included my Starter Activity Generator. This does require minimal planning but is a great template to have. Save 25%!!!
This bundle is for any new Head of Science and includes the following:
KS3 SCIENCE CLUB 40 Ideas for fun and engaging science club activities
NEW Science 1-9 Grade Tracker with ANALYSIS
SCIENCE 1-9 Grade Tracker with ANALYSIS of whole cohort (GCSE or KS3 - as long as you use 1-9)
Science Department Example Development plan+Allocation of task tool(Good for new Science Leaders)
SCIENCE GCSE 6 MARK QUESTION GUIDE
Science Interactive Plenaries
SCIENCE TRACKING SHEET KS3 (STAFF TRAINING + ANALYSIS TOOLS /Gap an