If, like me, you undertake learning walks on a weekly basis, then you will ultimately find it difficult to record? I have put together a small feedback form that can be ticked off and written on as you make your way into each class. These can then be photocopied and handed back to staff for feedback and discussion. Reduces the stress of a formal lesson observation and I feel, makes the learning walks more positive. It also gives staff a chance to have discussion(s) with those leading the Learning Walks on what has been seen during that 'snippet' of the lesson.
Format can be altered/changed dependent on what your focus is for the Learning Walk. You can also add school name and logo (top left) if you require.
Hopefully it is of some use?
As a head of PE / Faculty / assistant head you need to monitor the progress of your teachers. As not all assistant heads/ HOF have the knowledge what to look for in a PE learning walk, this might be the easy document you are looking for.
Using the criteria produced by the 8 schools project activities have been introduced at the different levels. They are offered as possible ways of aiding the progression of staff and pupils to achieve a higher level of self and peer assessment. The goal being to help pupils move to more independence.
This resource has been used to provide posters across the school in classrooms. The keywords in the pyramids have been personalised by faculties (these are available). They are used by teaching staff in forming differentiated lesson objectives and for creating more challenging questions.
This resource has also been used as a page in pupils journals. A great tool for revision lessons.
WHOLE SCHOOL TARGET SETTING All SUBJECTS Life Beyond Levels KS2 (NEW SCALED SCORE)-KS4 1-9 Grade Forecaster/Target Grades (Create targets for WHOLE school)
THIS IS A NEW AND UPDATED VERSION USING THE SCALED SCORES FROM KS2. I created this file to help set end of year targets for KS3 pupils based on KS3 Scaled scores in Maths, Reading and Grammar, punctuation and Spelling. I have identified a flightpath for each KS2 entry level. These have been based on Maths and English or both.
It is ideal if you are using 1-9 grades throughout the KS3 and KS4 curriculum and includes:
• a modifiable target grade/flightpath for each pupil. At this moment the flightpath for each child is linear and there is a steeper progress line for more able pupils (This is to ensure we are setting aspirational targets that will support whole school results going forward)
• KS4 target forecast grades for each child (I wanted to always have a handle on the actual final outcomes that these targets would result in should they be met by pupils)
• KS4 forecast for the whole cohort
If you want to discuss this further then please add me on twitter @thenortherner19 as I am keen to network.
The forecasting of grades uses grades of 1 to 9 with a fine scale of .1 .2 and .3 (Meaning entering, developing and secure respectively).
Using this file you can:
- use the existing flightpaths or modify them (see how they are graphically presented over the five years at school)
- these flightpaths will automatically predict a forecast 1-9 percentage for the Y7, Y8 and Y9 cohort at the end of school (this will help you to visualize the school outcome should you wish to check that forecasting is aspirational enough and would result in sound achievement)
- use these flightpaths to enter onto SIMS as a target grade
Please check my other KS3 Curriculum tracking resources on my online TES shop
The below subjects are based on KS2 Scaled scores:
• English – based on English only
• Maths – based on Maths only
• All other subjects – based on an average of Reading, Maths and GPS
• You can of course choose to follow any one of the above for individual subjects (Eg Humanities can use the English flightpath or Science can use the Maths one etc.
NEW RS 1-9 Grade Tracker with ANALYSIS of whole cohort (USING SCALED SCORE KS2)
This tracker will allow you to track attainment and progress of pupils of all abilities and uses the NEW KS2 assessments of SCALED SCORES
• 1-9 Grade Tracker with ANALYSIS of whole cohort (GCSE or KS3 - as long as you use 1-9)
• If you use 1-9 GCSE grades with .1, .2 and .3 fine grades then this assessment tracker will work for you.
• This tracker will allow you to track 12 assessments throughout the year. The grades will average at the end and will give you a constant picture of the cohort performance.
• These figures can be periodically cut and paste into the tracker so that progress of the cohort.
• Included is also a target grade forecasting tool so you can graphically see how pupils are targeted and the expected flightpaths. All pupils have been given aspirational targets and this is what I have designed for use in my school
If you need to speak to me regarding how this works or how it can be modified then please contact me on Twitter @thenortherner19
This bundle provides a variety of marking and reporting schemes, policy documents, handbooks, report comments, yearly organiser and more. All the nitty gritty, time consuming stuff that gets in the way of actually teaching art. Free up some time any downloading this bundle.
A massive resource bundle providing over 150 individual files covering everything needed to run an effective Art department. Schemes of work, planning documents, policies, visuals, marking, recording and reporting, student support documents and much much more. To buy these files individually would cost £105. This bundle represents a 52% saving at only £50. Give yourself a break and Reduce your planning with this bundle. All files have been devised and used in an Ofsted "Outstanding" department.