A Diversity Drop Down Day Pack - A set of 6 lessons to cover a Citizenship / PSHE Drop Down Day (6 hours) which could be use with either KS3 or KS4 as an off time-table day for the end of term.
All the resources are editable and well-differentiated so it could be used with any year group KS4 / KS3, with the option to tweak if you want to.
The Drop Down Day celebrates diversity but also investigates opposition and bigotry, as well as exploring how to tackle this, head on.
Each lesson lasts an hour and they can be used in any order:
- What can we learn from religion about tolerance in a diverse society like the UK?
- What is multiculturalism - why is our society so diverse, why do some people oppose diversity? What benefits does a diverse society bring?
- What is homophobia? Why does this still exist?
- Who are trans people? What is transphobia? How can make our school an inclusive place for all?
- What are sex and gender anyway? How are we all incredibly diverse, with different orientations and personal expression?
- An examination into how some people use fake news to scare others about the consequences of embracing diversity. How to pick apart these news articles and use critical thinking by studying a variety of sources and evidence.
All these individual lessons have been rated very highly by Tes users and are tried and tested in my own department.
You can find many more inexpensive and free PSHE, Citizenship GCSE, Tutor Time and RE resources HERE
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org