High-quality English resources for reading and writing home learning to meet the demands placed upon schools due to school closures or year groups having to isolate.
The pack provides everything you will need to provide 10 sessions of home learning. The activities are based around the fairytale of ‘Little Red Riding Hood’ and cover writing and reading skills for year 1. These units are also perfect for pupils absent from school or to support learning as a homework package.
• Engaging reading and writing activities to last for 2 weeks
• High quality texts included in the package
• Supportive subject knowledge for parents
• Short bursts of independent activities clearly linked to key skills
- Become familiar with key stories, fairy stories and traditional tales
- Retell stories and consider their particular characteristics
- Make inferences on the basis of what is being said and done
- Participate in discussion about what has been read to them
- Join words using and
- Punctuate sentences using a capital letter and a full stop
- Use capital letters for names of people
- Sequence sentences to form short narratives (link ideas or event by pronoun)