High-quality English resources for reading and writing home learning to meet the demands placed upon schools due to school closures or year groups having to isolate.
The pack provides everything you will need to provide 10 sessions of home learning. The activities are based around our text ‘All about Cats’ and cover writing and reading skills for year 2. These units are also perfect for pupils absent from school or to support learning as a homework package.
• Engaging reading and writing activities to last for 2 weeks
• High quality texts included in the package
• Supportive subject knowledge for parents
• Short bursts of independent activities clearly linked to key skills
- Answer and ask questions
- Read non-fiction books that are structured in different ways
- Explain and discuss their understanding of books, poems and other material
- Use co-ordination (and/but)
- Add ‘-ly’ to turn adjectives into adverbs
- Use commas to separate items in a list