High-quality English resources for reading and writing home learning to meet the demands placed upon schools due to school closures or year groups having to isolate.
The pack provides everything you will need to provide 10 sessions of home learning. The activities are based around the Grimm’s fairytale ‘Hansel and Gretel’ and cover writing and reading skills for year 5. These units are also perfect for pupils absent from school or to support learning as a homework package.
• Engaging reading and writing activities to last for 2 weeks
• High quality texts included in the package
• Supportive subject knowledge for parents
• Short bursts of independent activities clearly linked to key skills
- Evaluate authors’ language choice, including figurative language
- Summarise the main ideas from more than one paragraph
- Use expanded noun phrases to convey complicated information concisely
- Describe settings, characters and atmosphere
- Integrate dialogue to convey character and advance the action
- Use of inverted commas and other punctuation to punctuate direct speech