A collection of TEN FULL LESSONS, which could definitely be extended to at least 12-13 lessons for the right classes, on expanding single, double and multiple brackets and factorising a single brackets and quadratic expressions.
Contents of download:
- Normal PowerPoint lessons with which you can use a clicker / mouse / keyboard to continue animations and show fully animated and worked solutions.
- At least two printable worksheets for students with examples for each lesson. These are designed to speed up the lesson (no copying down questions etc). The worksheet could also be used independent of the PowerPoint lesson!
We are learning about:
- Lesson 3.1f - Expanding a single bracket (Lower ability)
- Lesson 3.1h - Expanding a single bracket (Higher ability)
- Lesson 3.2f - Expanding double brackets (No grid/foil method used)
- Lesson 3.3h - Expanding multiple brackets (Triple brackets focused)
- Lesson 4.1f - Factorising single brackets (Lower ability)
- Lesson 4.1h - Factorising single brackets (Higher ability)
- Lesson 4.2.1h - Factorising quadratic expressions - part 1 ++ and – only)
- Lesson 4.2.2h - Factorising quadratic expressions - part 2 ± and -+ only)
- Lesson 4.2.3h - Factorising harder quadratics a≠1
- Lesson 4.2.4h - Factorising quadratic expressions Shorter version of 4.2.1/2/3 combined
Main: Lessons consist of examples with notes and instructions, following on to increasingly difficult exercises with problem solving tasks. Lessons can start at any section of the PPT examples judged against the ability of the students in your class. All solutions given on PPT.
Please do leave feedback!!