A 10 slide PowerPoint presentation that introduces the topic of crime and deviance. The resource is designed to be delivered to students in a ‘lead from the front’ lesson / revision session format and should take approx. 90 mins to deliver. It includes:
- A starter task
- 10 key terms, definitions and examples
- A group / class debate exercise
- Key examples of crime and deviance as relative concepts
- An overview of the social construction of crime and deviance
- Key examples of the social construction of crime (situational crime, historical crime, cross-cultural crime)
- Exam style questions - 2 mark, 5 mark and 8 mark
- Bell task
- Animated to ‘build’ information to students gradually
- Brief instructions for the teacher and timing guidance are included in the notes to the document.
The resource is designed to be delivered to students studying the new WJEC/Eduqas GCSE Sociology specification who have no prior knowledge of crime and deviance. Stidents may recognise concepts, e.g. social construction from earlier topics.
If you liked the resource or found it useful, please leave a positive review. If you have feedback on how this resource could be improved please contact @Mr_Hewitson on Twitter.