Handy set of 'Full Circle' game lists from Phase 2 of Letters and Sounds. Cards can be cut out and laminated to be used as a handy resource when playing 'Full Circle' with a class or group of R/Y1 children. Saves time searching through the Letters and Sounds document for word and letter lists.
The handbook includes background information for teachers about common spelling patterns, useful strategies, including mnemonics, and spelling and phonic games. Many of the ideas resources have been posted elsewhere - acknowledged at end.
7 sets of cards in JP order. There are decodable words with matching pictures. If you cut them up and laminate them they would be suitable for independent work, for a small group working with an adult, or for your whole class phonics.
Make teaching spelling easier! A comprehensive resource bank for spelling activities - looking at a range of spelling strategies including rules, phonics, syllables, spelling in context, suffixes, contractions and manipulating words.
Presented using SMARTBoard, these slides are fully editable if needed and are excellent for revision as well as quality first teaching.
This colourful resource is a detailed introduction to teaching split digraphs.
There are 5 PowerPoint Presentations - which includes whole class activities.
Each presentation focuses on a-e, e-e, i-e, o-e and u-e split digraphs.
The phonic pack also contains:
- 5 lesson plans - slides are referred to in the plans - includes objectives and key questions.
- Differentiated activities - filling in split digraph letters, write sentences, word searches, correcting misspelt words (highlighted), e.g. hoem, tiem.
- Solution to the word searches
- Practical activities making split digraph words on laminated strips.
- Split digraph strips, letters a-z, consonant digraphs and consonant blends - to be laminated and cut out.
- Flashcards for teaching
- Teacher's Notes
Goes well with:
Images: www.clker.com, Microsoft clipart
File type: Word format