6 x fully resourced lessons on gender, sex and transgender identities and and one LGBT+ Month tutor time session, with differentiated worksheets and clips - suitable for KS3/4, all focusing on the gender, prejudice, sexual identity and transphobia and transgender issues. Could be used all together as part of a Drop Down Day, part of an RSE / PSHE Unit of work or over a week in Tutor Time.
- An introduction into the fluidity of gender, the difference between sex and gender, as well as the prejudice faced by some of those in the LGBT+ community.
- Sexism. Why does gender seem to matter so much to some in the workplace and at school? What issues do women in particular face, why is this and how can society overcome them?
- What does it mean to be transgender? Who are the transgender role models and what can these people teach us about tolerance and gender fluidity?
- LGBT+ Month session - trans identity focus.
- What is the difference between sex and gender? What makes up our identity, our orientation and gender expression? What is the correct way to use the new terminology?
- What is Feminism? What has the movement achieved for gender equality and do we still need it?
- What is masculinity? What constitutes both toxic and positive masculinity? What effects do both of these have on males and wider society?
Our PSHE / Citizenship resources have been designed to be engaging, detailed and easy to follow. All our resources are editable (so easy to adapt for your classes) and are designed to last one hour each. You can find many more inexpensive and free PSHE, Citizenship and RE resources HERE