Engage your students like never before using Doodle Notes. The ability to draw and color as students take notes will have them engaged throughout your lesson while also increasing concept retention.
This product contains 28 pages – 14 blank student note pages and 14 teacher answer key pages.
Content covered includes:
- Mendel’s Experiment
- Monohybrid & Dihybrid Crosses
- Calculating Probability for Monohybrid Crosses
- DNA and RNA Structure
- Human Genome
What are Doodle Notes?
Doodle notes are a visual note-taking strategy that encourages students to draw, doodle, color, and embellish their in-class notes to increase content retention. Giving students permission to doodle as they listen and learn in class helps to keep them engaged in the lesson and improves overall focus.
In addition, doodling while note-taking activates both the left and right hemisphere of the brain simultaneously allowing for more cross-talk between the two hemispheres. The result? Improved retention of concepts taught in class! Not only will your students learn MORE by using doodle notes, they will enjoy making them because they can be creative. The notes become a point of pride for students as they color and personalize the content on each page to make it more meaningful to them.
How do I use Doodle Notes?
- Project the notes using a document camera or onto the whiteboard and fill them in with your class while talking through the information.
- Use them with a regular PowerPoint lesson and let students fill in the notes as they view the PowerPoint.
- Have students read the material from a source and fill in their doodle notes on their own.