Ecology Unit – Close Reading – Text Dependent Questions – Going Paperless? These interactive Google slides contain everything needed to teach a rigorous unit on Ecology and are great for Chromebooks, HP Streams, and other devices in a 1:1 classroom. This resource uses file sharing with Google or Microsoft OneDrive. Use these activities to engage students in a whole class, small group, or independent environment. This resource is also perfect for Homeschool students.
This original product is provided through web-based Google file sharing, contained on the Internet 'cloud' and allows you and your students to access, edit, and print files from any computer or device. Students work on their template directly in the file on their device or computer. This product will also work with Microsoft OneDrive (instructions included!)
We do encourage you to supplement with any other books, videos, and websites that you already use; they will blend nicely with our CLOSE reading passages. You can use this unit in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the components to meet the needs of your students.
This unit contains the following elements:
• CLOSE reading nonfiction passages with illustrations: (Both printable and digital!)
o An Introduction to Ecology
o Habitats, Biomes, and Ecosystems
o Food Chains and Food Webs
o Producers, Consumers, and Decomposers
o Species, Populations
• Digital Vocabulary Exercises for each CLOSE reading passage along with printable vocabulary word cards with definitions.
• CLOSE Reading Instructions PowerPoint explaining the steps of CLOSE Reading.
• Anchor Charts for student annotation and Discussion Topics for CLOSE Reading (Both printable and digital!).
• “Text Dependent Questions”, to be used after all passages are read; this is intended as a summative assessment, or practice in citing textual evidence and giving examples from the reading of nonfiction text.
• Common Core Essential questions (to be used after all passages are read, can be used as a summative assessment or a performance task).
• Ecology Research Report (template to be used to write a complete report on weather). This can also be used as a performance task. (Both printable and digital!)
Lots more resources included!