This original product is provided through web-based Google file sharing, contained on the Internet 'cloud' and allows you and your students to access, edit, and print files from any computer or device. Students work on their template directly in the file on their device or computer. This product will also work with Microsoft OneDrive (instructions included!)
Common Core aligned and created to facilitate “Depth of Knowledge” (DOK) for your students, this product contains seven original CLOSE Reading nonfiction passage that were created for CLOSE reading to teach your students about the human body systems (not familiar with CLOSE reading? It’s okay, we have instructions and anchor charts to help you incorporate it into your teaching). There are text dependent questions aligned with each passage, a set of vocabulary work to accompany each nonfiction text, our best-selling research reports on the circulatory, digestive, and respiratory systems. A variety of other graphic organizers and activities are included.
We do encourage you to supplement with any other books, videos, and websites that you already use; they will blend nicely with our CLOSE reading passages. You can use this unit in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the components to meet the needs of your students.
This unit contains the following elements:
• Seven CLOSE reading nonfiction passages:
1. Introduction to The Human Body
2. The Respiratory System
3. The Circulatory System
4. The Digestive System
5. The Nervous System
6. The Skeletal System
7. The Muscular System
• Seven sets of vocabulary cards with definitions, one for each CLOSE reading passage to scaffold and support vocabulary
• Seven sets of vocabulary practice work, one for each CLOSE reading passage
• CLOSE Reading Instructions PowerPoint (or handout) explaining the steps of CLOSE Reading
• Anchor Charts for student annotation and Discussion Topics for CLOSE Reading
• Seven sets of “Text Dependent Questions”, one set for each CLOSE reading passage
• The Human Body Research Reports
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.