Google Drive Interactive Resource Human Body Systems Unit for Google Classroom –A fun and engaging way to teaching the Human Body Systems! Includes Close Reading Passages, Text Dependent Questions, Interactive Vocabulary Activities, Essential Questions for Writing, and much more! Going Paperless? These interactive Google slides contain everything needed to teach a rigorous unit on the human body and are great for Chromebooks, HP Streams, and other devices in a 1:1 classroom. This resource uses file sharing with Google or Microsoft OneDrive. Use these activities to engage students in a whole class, small group, or independent environment. This resource is also perfect for Homeschool students.
This original product is provided through web-based Google file sharing, contained on the Internet 'cloud' and allows you and your students to access, edit, and print files from any computer or device. Students work on their template directly in the file on their device or computer. This product will also work with Microsoft OneDrive (instructions included!)
Common Core aligned and created to facilitate “Depth of Knowledge” (DOK) for your students, this product contains seven original CLOSE Reading nonfiction passage that were created for CLOSE reading to teach your students about the human body systems (not familiar with CLOSE reading? It’s okay, we have instructions and anchor charts to help you incorporate it into your teaching). There are text dependent questions aligned with each passage, a set of vocabulary work to accompany each nonfiction text, our best-selling research reports on the circulatory, digestive, and respiratory systems. A variety of other graphic organizers and activities are included.
We do encourage you to supplement with any other books, videos, and websites that you already use; they will blend nicely with our CLOSE reading passages. You can use this unit in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the components to meet the needs of your students.
This unit contains the following elements:
• Seven CLOSE reading nonfiction passages:
1. Introduction to The Human Body
2. The Respiratory System
3. The Circulatory System
4. The Digestive System
5. The Nervous System
6. The Skeletal System
7. The Muscular System
• Seven sets of vocabulary cards with definitions, one for each CLOSE reading passage to scaffold and support vocabulary
• Seven sets of vocabulary practice work, one for each CLOSE reading passage
• CLOSE Reading Instructions PowerPoint (or handout) explaining the steps of CLOSE Reading
• Anchor Charts for student annotation and Discussion Topics for CLOSE Reading
• Seven sets of “Text Dependent Questions”, one set for each CLOSE reading passage
• The Human Body Research Reports