This original product is provided through web-based Google file sharing, contained on the Internet 'cloud' and allows you and your students to access, edit, and print files from any computer or device. Students work on their report template directly in the file on their device or computer. This product will also work with Microsoft OneDrive (instructions included!)
Templates are included to create, develop, write, edit, present, and assess your students’ Explorers and The Age of Exploration Report. This report (or performance task) is also designed to not only to learn and explain the new information, but answer some higher level thinking (critical thinking) questions (Common Core Essential Questions) to apply the knowledge they have learned. Students will do all of their research via the Internet and print media (this is not included in this product). Our product is designed to assess and show what your students have learned and share it with you, their parents, and perhaps the class if you’d like them to present it.
A simple rubric and student checklist is included.
You can use this report template in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the slides you wish to use and tailor it to your students’ needs. This package contains the following Explorers and The Age of Exploration Report elements/questions:
1. A cover page
2. 34 Vocabulary Words related to The Age of Exploration. Templates are provided to define the word and illustrate the word. (a blank template is also provided for you to add any additional vocabulary words that you would like to add to provided scaffolding for students who need it).
3. An Age of Exploration “Timeline” Chart- Students will develop a chart to write about the key events in the Age of Exploration. Students will list the date(s), the explorer, the explorer’s event or travels, and a short description. Students will use as many pages as needed.
4. 18 Text dependent questions with a full page for response
5. Critical Thinking Activities and Questions
6. Graphic Organizer to organize information for biographies on key people associated with the Age of Exploration
7. A one page “biography” for the 23 key people related to the Age of Exploration. Pick and choose the people you’d like your students to study.
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.