This resource uses Pie Corbett’s ‘Talk for Writing’. Although this resource uses the story of The Christmas Story, the resources and activities can be easily transferred to another story. Planning can also be used as a skeleton plan. Please note that the characters and places remained the same as we used this as our nativity! It is an excellent opportunity to include children that suffer with hearing loss.
• Four weeks of plans - three sessions each week, could be three if you had four or more sessions a week (imitation, adapation and independent application - each with Lower Ability, Middle Ability and Higher Ability objectives).
• Powerpoint of using Pie Corbett’s style of retelling (openers, connectives and language all fit in with actions)
• Resources for each session - Story mountain activity sheets and IWB resource
- Never Heard the Word Activity
- Adjectives activity
- Labels to stick in Literacy books with objectives and recount of activity for each activity.
• Time opener actions