This resource uses a style influenced by Pie Corbett’s ‘Talk for Writing’. Although this resource uses the story of The Three Billy Goats Gruff, the resources and activities can be easily transferred to another story. Planning can also be used as a skeleton plan.
• Four weeks or six weeks of plans (imitation, adapation and independent application - each with Lower Ability, Middle Ability and Higher Ability objectives). Four if you just want to complete the Talking for Writing, six if you would like the children to write and illustrate their own book using their adapted/twisted version.
• Powerpoint of The Three Billy Goats Gruff using Pie Corbett’s style of retelling (openers, connectives and language all fit in with actions)
• Resources for each session
- Story mountain activity sheets and IWB resource
- Never Heard the Word Activity
- Synonym activity
- Adjective activities
- Write up for a variety of practical session to have as evidence in literacy books.
- Write up for the recitation.
- Labels to stick in Literacy books with objectives and recount of activity for each activity.
• Time opener actions
• The hot task word bank/prompt sheet.