Language Devices Poster Display
This language devices display visual resource contains 11 different posters and acts as a perfect English language display for your classroom. It introduces the concept of 11 language devices. Each poster contains the language device at the top with a written definition, an accompanying image forming the main part of the poster and a written example beneath in italics. This is a visual way to teach the various language devices to students and to remind them of how to use them while in the classroom. Now in order to make their writing engaging, all they have to do is look up at the 11 posters around them for language device ideas and implementation!
Supports independent learning.
Suggestion for alternative use:
Can be used as part of a group activity with each focused on one or two language devices.
The posters are as follows:
- Simile poster consisting of the image of soap (peach colour coded)
- Personification poster consisting of image of tree (green colour coded)
- Metaphor poster consisting of image of witch’s claws (pink colour coded)
- Onomatopoeia consisting of the image of speech bubble (black colour coded)
- Assonance poster consisting of image of buildings (brown colour coded)
- Hyperbole poster consisting of image of tiger (blue colour coded)
- Alliteration poster consisting of the image of thali (orange colour coded)
- Oxymoron poster consisting of the image of thief (colour coded grey)
- Pathetic fallacy poster consisting of the image of gothic castle (colour coded red)
- Imagery poster consisting of the image of image of crown and sceptre (colour coded green)
- Sibilance poster consisting of the image of image of snake (colour coded yellow)