A complete lesson based on the poem ‘Leisure’ by W.H.Davies with PPT presentation and comprehension tasks. Also includes guidance for two follow-up discussion and writing activities. Ideal for teachers studying classic poetry with their pupils or exploring poetry about nature. A flexible resource with the potential for extension into a short unit of work.
The 11 slide PPT contains:
• The poem with supporting visual images
• Background information about the poem
• Discussion questions
• Details of follow-up activities.
The resource also includes:
• A copy of the poem. Useful for pupils to read, make annotations or highlight.
• Two differentiated comprehension worksheets. Worksheet A contains a straightforward literal task and an activity requiring pupils to visualise aspects of the poem. Worksheet B is more challenging and contains tasks linked to exploring the poet’s use of language and opinion.